INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Being one of the important gold producers in Turkey, Koza Gold Operations Inc. has been employing best known technology by applying currently world’s best applicable safety and environment protection standards. Koza Gold has been pursuing with a principle of continuous improvement and although only its Ovacik Gold Mine has been certified, all of its operations fulfil the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001:2004 Environment Management Systems and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
Quality Policy, Environment Policy, and Occupational Health and Safety policies are taken as references in all areas of Koza Gold Operations A .S. and implemented in full compliance.
Ovacik Gold Mine has been certified by TÜV-Rheinland following a series of auditing in 2010. Certificate Renewal Auditing was conducted in 2012 and validity of certificate has been extended to 2015.
Koza Gold Operations Inc. is a Turkish company to explore and operate gold mines in Turkey. The goal of the company, which has active mineral exploration programs throughout Turkey is to become an important gold producer in Turkey within the international standards and thereby contribute to developing gold mining industry and Turkish economy by employing the best available technology and implementing job safety and environment standards to ensure sustainable improvement.
Koza Gold Operations Inc. will achieve these aims by use of reliable systems, which provide timely and accurate information and support effective decision making in transparent manner, and acceptance of environment, job safety and social license being the integral part of its work and leadership qualities.
Koza Gold Operations Inc. undertakes to :
- comply with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 Job Safety and Health standards,
- obtain required resources for effectiveness and development of the system in every stage of continous improvement of production and support,
- carry out regularly the auditing and assessment programs for improvements,
- operate in accordance with local and international Envornmental, Job Safety and Health regulations the Company is bound by and remove and/or minimize the hazards and risks that company employees, visitors and neighbours may be exposed to due to the activities of Koza Gold Operations,
- carry out and maintain health, job safety and environment system to detect, investigate and effectively control health, job safety and envionmental risks of the employees, contractors and wide range of public,
- provide training opportunities to develop team of competent and skilled personnel, contractor and firms,
- pursue and implement technological changes,
- keep customer satisfaction at the highest level
Koza Gold Operations Inc. is a Turkish company founded to explore and operate gold mines in our country. The goal of Koza Gold Operations A.S., is to become an important gold producer of Turkey in comply with international standards and thereby contribute to continuous development of gold mining industry and Turkish economy, to ensure sustainable environmental performance and improvement by employing the best available high technology and implementing the world’s highest environmental standards.
Koza Gold Operations Inc. will consider following matters by complying with the requirements of ISO 14001 Environment Management System Standards in implementation and management of mining activities :
- Keep employees, contractors and suppliers be informed on Environment Policy and provide them with necessary trainings, to enable them to pursue their activities in accordance with Environmental Policy,
- Consult the community and its employees to seek the concerns, aspirations and values regarding the development, operational and closure aspects of mining projects and share the information, experience and updates, formed after these consultations with its employees and stakeholders,
- Maintain regular reviewing and renewing of the policies in the light of new information and changed conditions and inform the stakeholders of the amendments,
- Establish and Implement an environmental management system that identifies, assesses and effectively controls environmental aspects of the mining activities,
- Maintain the savings in natural resources by encouraging efficiency increases and use of new technology,
- Conduct studies on reducing, reusing and recovering of the wastes,
- Ensure the stakeholders whom business relations have been established through the supply chain to take relevant environmental measures in pursuant to Environmental Policy,
- Set up an action plan ensuring to establish and review the environmental objectives and targets of the mine,
- Ensure to avoid possible environmental pollution through the implementation of monitoring procedures and assessment of environmental effects of mining activities in order to eliminate or mitigate adverse environmental impacts,
- Carry out reclamation and rehabilitation works during and after the mining operations
- Comply with all applicable provisions of legal and other requirements mine is committed in relation to the environmental aspects
- In order to be able to reach effective decisions and measures, communicate openly about environmental impacts, incidents or emergency situations with its employees and stakeholders
Koza Gold Operations Inc. is a Turkish company founded to explore and operate gold mines in our country. The goal of Koza Gold Operations A.S., is to become an important gold producer of Turkey in comply with international standards and thereby contribute to continuous development of gold mining industry and Turkish economy, to ensure sustainable environmental performance and improvement by employing the best available high technology and implementing the world’s highest occupational health and safety standards.
Koza Gold Operations A.ş. is a Turkish company founded to explore and operate gold mines in our country. The goal of Koza Gold Operations A.S., is to become an important gold producer of Turkey in comply with international standards and thereby contribute to continuous development of gold mining industry and Turkish economy by employing the best available high technology and implement the world’s highest occupational health and safety standards
Koza Gold Operations Inc. is aware of that the high Health and Job Safety Performance obtained through Health and Job Safety Management System is integral to an efficient, durable and successful gold mining company. This will be achieved through the leadership and the use of reliable systems that provide timely and accurate information, in a transparent manner, to support effective decision making.
The Occupational Health and Safety Policy of Koza Gold Operation A.S will include following matters :-
- Select people with appropriate qualifications and capabilities, who will show commitment to the effective Job Safety management.
- To form and Implement Health and Job Safety Management system that identifies, assesses and effectively controls environmental risks of employees of Koza Gold Operations Inc and also sub-contractors, contractors, suppliers and their employees
- Integrate health and job safety considerations into all aspects of the company’s activities including exploration, project development, mine expansion, acquisitions, divestments and closures.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and set challenging standards that are congruent with community values and expectations
- Design, operate and structure all facilities and associated infrastructure In order to create a safe working environment and to maintain it and to avoid employees to catch occupational diseases and to prevent injuries
- Provide employees, contractors, and suppliers with necessary training, to ensure that they work with safety and responsibility and their activities are managed in accordance with this policy
- Initiate regular audit and assessment programs and embrace recommendations or improvement by prompt follow-up action and ensure these accepted improvements are well practiced
- Consult the community on its concerns, aspirations and values regarding the development, operational and closure aspects of projects, recognizing that there are links between economic, social and cultural issues. Ensure that all the knowledge, experience and updates obtained from these opinions are shared with employees and stakeholders.
- Communicate openly about work environment risks, incidents or emergency situations, ideas for improvement, to enable effective decision making and action..
- Demonstrate commitment to public reporting of Health and Job Safety performance observations and feedback system with updates in order to maintain the continuity in the system
- Comply fully with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Set up a structure, which will ensure all kinds of activities are in comply with the health and job safety aims, targets and allow constant review of these compliances.