OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Understanding Occupational Health and Safety Approach
Koza Gold Corporation aims to apply the Occupational Health and Safety Management System, including the General Directorate, as a standard system in all enterprises and search areas.
Koza Gold Corporation Occupational Health and Safety Management System has been established by taking reference of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, Security Management Systems, ISO Quality Management Systems and ISO Environmental Management Systems and by fulfilling the requirements of ILO contracts with 6331 numbered Law on Occupational Health and Safety.
In national mining, besides the purpose of becoming the best company in occupational safety applications, being one of the best in the international platform is the main target.
Koza Gold Corporation, which adopts employee prioritized management approach in order to reach the aims of Occupational Health and Safety, always keeps the security and happiness of the employee on the front line.
Occupational Health and Safety Organization Structure
The Department of Occupational Health and Safety established within the headquarters of the Ankara Headquarters and has a structure with 13 different duty descriptions including search, project and enterprises, and it serves depending on the Enterprise Directorates, the Occupational Safety Directorate and the Vice General Manager responsible for Enterprises.
- Occupational Health and Safety Director
- Occupational Physician
- Occupational Safety Chief Engineer
- Head of Occupational Safety
- Head of Underground Occupational Safety
- Occupational Safety Educational and Continuous Improvement Specialist
- Occupational Safety Specialist
- Underground Occupational Safety Specialist
- Head of Searching Occupational Safety
- Health Officer
- Occupational Safety Technician
- Occupational Safety Staff
- Rescue Device Maintenance and Underground OHS Staff
Purpose and Scope of our Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Koza Gold Corporation in all fields of work its scope;
• To provide a systematic approach for having an accident-free safety culture,
• The Occupational Health and Safety Management System was established to provide guidance about its practices to all employees, including contractor employees and all other stakeholders, and it is constantly being developed.
The main components of the system are Policy, Organizing, Planning and Implementation, Evaluation, Action and Supervision for Development. In order to ensure continuous development, the system is periodically monitored and actions are planned according to the directions to be developed.
The elements of Koza Gold Corporation, Occupational Health and Safety Management System can be summarized as follows;
Koza Gold Corporation has taken the general responsibility by means of leading in terms of management, occupational health and safety activities. This responsibility includes the following components:
- To determine the Occupational Health and Safety Management System, to encourage to be applied in an active manner, to preserve and to improve;
- To provide appropriate financial, human and organizational resources to implement, control, examine and improve the Occupational Health and Safety Management System,
- To identify the roles, to determine the responsibilities and authorities to effectively implement the Occupational Health and Safety Management System,
- To publish the Occupational Health and Safety Management Policy,
- To determine measurable goals and targets,
- To observe the Occupational Health and Safety Management system once a year,
- To ensure active participation of all employees and employee representatives, including contractor employees.
The purpose of the Occupational Health and Safety Policy published by the Koza Gold Corporation in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Management Plan is to ensure the safe and healthy working conditions required by the Occupational Health and Safety Management Plan and to ensure the continuous improvement and to comply with the other applicable laws and regulations that the enterprises are naturally subjected. To meet these commitments and to specify the steps to provide a framework for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
Employees and employee representatives are actively involved in the planning, implementation; control and corrective action process of the occupational health and safety policy so that commitment can be established.
Employee involvement is ensured;
- After the identification of participation obstacles, by supporting the participation of employees in a transparent manner of management that allows these obstacles to be removed,
- Ensuring that employee and employee representatives are trained in all processes related to their work,
- By identifying employee representatives, legislations and internationally recognized contracts and other requirements, training the representatives with special trainings,
- By making planned meetings with employee representatives,
- By evaluating verbal and written notifications sent by employees,
- By making meetings that are not limited to work safety board meetings.
Occupational Health and Safety Documentation Structure
All documents covering the general of Occupational Health and Safety are published by the General Directorate and distributed to all enterprises. All documents in operations and projects are prepared and revised in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Management Plan. The management plan and all of the add-ons in the business have been edited to represent the "Health Safety Document".